Friday 25 November 2011

Oscar Wilson Example

I started to draw an object; a miniature of the Eiffel Tower. I drew only the outline, so I could fit my letters in. I started to think of anything I could link to France (cheese, fromage, bonjour, salut, welcome to France, Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys) and I tried to fit the words into the outline of the shape. I then got a sheet of tracing paper and drew in only the outline of the words, not the object. The tracing paper was then scanned into the computer for editing.











After my picture was scanned in, I edited the picture in photoshop, erasing smudges, fixing the letters and making the picture brighter. Then I transferred my word to an Illustrator file, selected Live Trace, then Live Paint, to make the colouring easier. At first I was going to colour it red, white and blue (for the French flag), but when I got in to adding effects, I chose to make it have a Neon Glow. I like the colour blue in it but I wish I had the other colours of the French flag. Also, some of the letters are very blurred and hard to read, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment