Friday 25 November 2011

Heebok Lee style Kinetic Typography

My first attempt at making the type of typography styles used in Heebok Lee's 'sky words' video was done using charcoal. I tried smudging and blurring the letters, however I accidentally made a mess, because I am left handed, I dragged my hand across the page drawing letters so my hand would accidently rub against the letters I had drawn previously. My next attempt was to use more colour, so I used green for my cloud of 'envy' as I looked at everyone else's neat and beautiful work. The letters are tinted which red for rage and bitterness. This was more aesthetically pleasing to me, so I like this attempt more than the first, however I may not have tried to make many different typography styles.

This time I tried it on Adobe Illustrator, and I found it very fun. I managed to create some of the styles and effects used in the video, such as bloat, blend and blur. I went on to experimenting with my own styles as well like twist, scribble, pucker and others. I enjoyed making the effects on Illustrator more than using chalk as it was quicker and easier on the Mac. If I made a mistake, I could simply erase it and when I was experimenting I could easily change the picture to the way I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment