Friday 25 November 2011

Final Poster

I had decided to use ice for my final poster; inspired by the Ed Ruscha food fonts and the ice word carvings of Ronen Cohen. First I froze my ice cubes and a tub of ice, which a photographed first, arranging the ice cubes into letters. Using a blunt knife and a sharp knife, I chipped at the ice to create ice shards, which I also photographed.

My next step was to arrange snowflakes into letters. First I cooled a tray so the ice would melt slower, then I scraped some ice from my fridge- freezer, and I arranged the letters. Then I went and bought I product to advertise. I chose Isklar the Water, as the bottle looks like an iceburg, which I took a picture of.

Using Photoshop, I cropped the backgrounds out of all my pictures, and then I arranged them in my poster. I coloured the background blue and white for the ice and then I painted on some snow to fill up the bottom half of the picture. I feel like I could of filled up some of the blank bits of the poster, and I could of taken the pictures in a better light, but I am mostly pleased with the different effects of the letters that I did on photoshop, playing with the effect tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment