Wednesday 30 November 2011

Initial ideas for a doughnut shop

I chose the name 'Sugar Ducks' because I couldn't think of a name related to doughnuts that didn't sound cheesy or boring. Ducks have connections to bread and Easter, a time of handing out commercial chocolate eggs, so 'Sugar Ducks' sounds feasible. I was inspired by rubber ducks as it would appeal to a younger audience and to make the logo seem fun, however I was encouraged to look at real ducks and compare what I liked: I liked the rubber duck idea. I then decided to focus on making the words typographical and it turned out to be my favourite idea. It reminds me of the Food inspired typography we did whilst looking at Ed Ruscha. I think it is better that my final idea is based on an existing artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment