Friday 25 November 2011

Initial Ideas

My First Idea: Bubbles inspired by Oscar Wilson Calligrams. I like the colours and I was inspired by psychedelic art and Jimi Hendrix music. In this piece, I toy with the idea of freedom. This is my favourite design of my initial idea, but I didn't choose to do this for my final poster because their would be too much space on my poster and I couldn't think of any other ideas to fill up the space.

My Second Idea: Butterfly inspired by Oscar Wilson Calligrams and Si Scott Typography. This design started off as just a butterfly inspired by Si Scott, because Si Scott makes butterfly typography pictures, however, at one point I absentmindedly added a hidden word (love) and I decided to add more hidden words related to freedom, flying and love based on Oscar Wilson's Calligrams. I enjoyed making this design but it was too long and I wanted to make my poster original but also links to an artist.

My Third Idea: Pumpkin inspired by Ed Ruscha. I love carving pumpkin so I thought it would be a good idea to carve words into a pumpkin, as it was nearly Halloween.

My Fourth Idea: This is the idea I picked as I thought it was the most exciting. It was the Ice Typography idea which was inspired by Ed Ruscha and a unknown artist called Rohen Cohen who makes words out of Ice. My original idea was to carve to ice but I had to change that because of difficulties. I liked the idea of incorporating a product for my final design so I looked at several different products and I liked the look of Isklar water the best because it is shaped like an Iceberg.

No comments:

Post a Comment