Monday 23 April 2012

Watercolour text

I have experimented with a technique on PhotoShop, creating a watercolour effect without getting messy.

First I picked a text which had a believable hand-painted quality and gave the piece the title of 'WATER TOUCH', linking it to the sense of touch I am incorporating into my final outcome.

Selecting a size 35 pixel brush with a wet edge, and giving it a granite texture. This gave the brush a wet and splodgey look, so when I applied the brush to the page the colour came out light and faint. I used predominantly light blues to convey water, however, I used purples, pinks and greens to give the illusion of the paint washing and spreading out as it often does really. I was surprised how quick and simple this technique was.

This is an effective technique but I wouldn't use it in the exam as I am focusing on making my work hand-made and 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment