Tuesday 24 April 2012

Initial Ideas- Food


My initial ideas for making food typography.


Making food shape into words, inspired by Vladimir Koncar. 


An experiment to bake a cake and turn into typography, inspired by Anna Garforth. Unfortunately the cake was made wrong so I decorated it in a way that more resembles Vladimir Koncar's food type. Like him I was interested in using sweets, because of the bright colours and the potent taste, which I could link to sight and taste.



Anna Garforth bakes biscuits, then using computer fonts creates precise and effective food typography.


I made this to highlight the use of not just typography, but the use of pictorial food. I made cupcakes and decorated them like animals. This one is to represent Spring so I made it into a chick. 


Vladimir Koncar uses different food shapes such as gummy bears, meat, beans and rotten apples to create a message related to the material and then the alphabet, using the same font. His idea is very simple, yet the use of the gummy bears gives him different colours to use and a 3D element with a lovely kind of luminous transparency.  











No comments:

Post a Comment