Tuesday 24 April 2012

Initial Ideas - Textiles


My Initial Ideas for using textiles. Here I used Thread, Pins, Feathers, Fur, Zips, Glue and Sellotape 


An example of using thread in the 'Debbie Smyth' technique. I made it into a personal door sign. I used my favourite colours of thread and feathers to make it my own. 


Here I am using different techniques with textiles. This was inspired by line drawing, which I experimented with earlier. This has the potential of being made into an animated gif, showing how it was made.


Using my own type, I created this C to explore the effects of stitching. This would be good for embossing, however it took me a long time to stitch as it was done by hand. 


'Home Sweet Home' by Debbie Smyth. This was in an exhibition. It works well as a 3D poster as it tempts the audience to touch it.


Debbie Smyth has used a different technique by effectively using embroidery. Like the others, it uses pinned up thread, as it is the theme of her work.


This piece is effective as it uses the red colour to present passion and pain. The pins also represent pain and the untidy thread could symbolise chaos in what seems to be a perfect relationship. I like Debbie Smyth's style as her work is centred around love and home. I could use these themes in a way to represent light and touch.


My exploration of Sellotape modelling, inspired by Mark Jenkins. I think this could make a good final outcome as the hands link with touch and the Sellotape could be represented to be sticking to someone, which also makes it romantic in a way. I'd love to make this for my final outcome as I love the 3D and natural luminous effect. 







No comments:

Post a Comment