Tuesday 24 April 2012

Final Outcome Design


This is my final outcome idea, which was inspired by Mark Jenkins. I am linking this work to the senses of touch (which is represented by the hand and the theme of sticking) and to Sounds as I quote lyrics from the song by The Velvet Underground 'I'm sticking to you, 'cos I'm made out of glue'. It is my hope that when people look at it,  they hear the song in their head. This would be made for a 3D poster. For this piece I made it using, Sellotape, Double Sided tape, cling film, PVA glue and the red card to represent passion.


To expand this idea, I could extend this by making lips and hearts to extend the idea of passion. I could also try making this using different sticking phrases.




I mad this to experiment with different hand positions to create meaning, while also keeping the theme of sticking together and love. I was inspired to make a pair of lips after having a discussion with my teacher, but making a pair of realistic lips using Sellotape was harder then thought. I made the bottom lip using my thumb bent into position, then moulding it into lips later. To give the lips colour, I filled the hollow structure with colour. Continuing the theme of love, I crafted two hands making a loveheart sign. 





No comments:

Post a Comment