Tuesday 24 April 2012

Initial Ideas- Paper


My initial ideas for using paper for my final outcome.


This was inspired by Zim & Zou's piece "Windoo", which love because of the freedom it represents. I used the similar shapes of the clouds to express to sensation of being 'free'. 


I made this for a paper experiment, in which I tried to 'rip' and fold the paper in a way that made it 3D. Here I folded, cut and ripped to create the rip. 


The colours Zim & Zou tend to use are bright shades of pink, red, green, blue, orange and yellow which helps to express positive feelings. The colours invade your senses and tie into the sense of sight. I would like to use this sort of colour scheme for my work. 


Although Zim & Zou make mostly pictorial designs and not really typography, they use paper and card to craft 3D shapes I could use to inspire my final piece.


This is an other example of Zim & Zou using other techniques that I could use as inspiration.






No comments:

Post a Comment