Friday 28 September 2012

Vector Wallpapers


Here is my simple pattern wallpaper I made in Illustrator. It is fairly straight forward and requires the align tool to keep all the shapes in the right column and row. This wallpaper is the most in touch with the logo and the album theme, but I find the others more interesting to look at. 

 
This is a simple, elegant design made on Photoshop. Using the 'Edwardian Script', I created this pattern by coping my 'S' type, rotating it and aligning it altogether with a quick gradient.

 
Despite how complicated this beautiful design looks, it is very quick and easy to make. Create a gradient and change its blending mode to a jittering effect. Go over the top with colourful gradient, then paint over this with scattered brush. This design reminds me of downward flames, which I could use in my final CD package and link to rocketship fire, the theme of the album.

 
This is my own version of the bokeh effect, made by a circular brush painted over several layers on top of a rainbow gradient. It is simple and looks beautiful.

 
I tried to link each image to my album theme as much as possible. Although for this example I did use texture packs found on manang's free texture libary I should in future use my own textures to avoid copyright. I chose images of the sky to symbolise Space and metal and spanners for the idea of a spaceship. I blended these layers together and added my own logo with an embossed look. 

 
This time I used images that my father took and then I added this grunge effect. These pictures of the coast at Stoer in Scotland, the full-moon rise behind the mountain range of Suilven in Scotland and the sunset at Whitby in Yorkshire, England. This effect gives a cool, grimey look to image, which gives an intense and dark mood, though this effect may not work as they are all lovely places! I chose these three images as they all contain the sky and one containing the moon, which has wonderful connotations to Space, the theme of the album.











No comments:

Post a Comment