Tuesday 18 September 2012

Developing a computer generated logo part 1










These are simple shapes which could be used for decoration surrounding a logo, which were created by using the pathfinder tools on Adobe Illustrator. 





This tutorial showed me how to make professional-looking tutorial, however as it didn't show me in the tutorial, I figured out how to make gradients in Illustrator on my own. This technique would become useful in the next set of tasks.





For this task, I used the 'S' design as shown in the tutorial as it was 'S' for 'StarKid'. I chose the red and yellow colours as yellow relates to the sort of colour of stars and red; the colour of rocket-ship flames and the supposed colour of Mars. I liked this idea of a logo as the 3D sphere effect put me in mind of a planet. I copied the calligraphy rocket-ship logo I created in my logo development, then I added the Myriad Pro font for the 'Productions' part of my logo as that was what was used in the tutorial. Using the brush tool, changing the settings so it came out as in a chalk effect, I created the effect of smoke coming from the rocket-ship.



Using this tutorial, I was able to create a similar design to the iTunes logo. I found it easy enough to achieve the font and effects of the gradient, however I couldn't perfectly achieve the look of the reflection using the gradient tool and so it came out too darkly. 










No comments:

Post a Comment