Thursday 27 September 2012

Photo-shoot for CD art

After looking at examples of CD packaging and art, we had to come up with our own unique idea for album art. Walking around the college, we picked up a few instruments, artwork, and landscape to link to our singers and bands.






















When I took the photos, I was focused on recording equipment such as microphones as StarKid is known for going on tour and uses such devices.  I also took photos of some of the instruments me and my brother own, like the stools, guitars and amps which are linked to the instruments the musicians of StarKid use. I also tried to focus on Space-age imagery, like the tin-foil robot and the shiny sliding doors that remind me of the starship in StarKid's musical, 'Starship'. Finally, I waited until night to take pictures of the sky to symbolise Space. Unfortunately, I couldn't see any other appropriate imagery like the moon or the stars, but the clouds created a wonderful atmosphere.
















 
The are extra images I found, taken by both me and my father. I took the photos of the sunset near our home and my fathers telescope, which I link to my album theme as it is to do with star gazing.
My dad took the rest: sunsets at Whitstable and Whitby, the moon rise behind Suilven, the coast at Stoer, the rainbow in East Barnby, the moon by the coast at Whitby and the sunset in Nefyn.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment