Monday 17 September 2012

Logo Develpment


The first stage of logo design is to start to think about the company and the type of work they produce. Here I am just roughly sketching anything I can think of to do with music first of all. I may choose to extend the design later, so I use colour to keep it creative and fresh.


This task is more about thinking of the company name and what technique of logo design to use and using different mediums to achieve it: from dealing with abstract to calligraphy, to clear design. This task is extremely useful as I will be coming back to these designs later as they are the foundations of logo ideas. After picking one, I drew it again at a larger scale so I could add more detail and see if I would want to explore it further.

I decided after drawing this that I preferred more of a combined look of both logo and related image. This led to use some of the same techniques I used for a previous project.


Here I revisited the Live Trace tool. By picking out my favourite designs, I can see how they would work filled. I saw after scanning in these designs, that this technique only works well with calligraphy. After working on this, it has given me the idea to combine the calligraphy emblem and the continuous line drawing combination mark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment