Sunday 23 September 2012

Bookbinding experiments


1) Stitching as a form of binding. It works well as it keeps each page securely together, however it is harder to keep the binding neat.


2) Stapling, which is quick easy and simple, however easy to break. 


3) Rubber binding, which is easy, however one is not enough to keep it secure and it falls apart easily- though this is fixable.



4) Star folding. This is my favourite as it has had more effort put into it since it is the most complex and it held together well with glue. This piece goes with one of themes as it supposed to be a star. I have also used different sorts of paper to make look decorative.


5) Using plasters, I made and adhesive binding for this book. The tutorial I was following said to use masking tape, but I used masking tape as it was the next best thing. Unfortunately, this way made it harder to keep the pages aligned.

No comments:

Post a Comment