Wednesday 2 May 2012

review of progress towards final exam

My Exam Plan

Tuesday 8th May: 9am to 11am- Sellotape modelling of left hand and right hand
                             11am to 12pm- Crepe paper modelling
                             13pm to 15 pm- Preparation for mounting and sticking

Wednesday 9th May: 9am to 10am- Mounting
                                  10am to 12pm- Evaluation


I have experimented with using Sellotape and Crepe paper before using paper, which I enjoyed more than cutting out the paper and has a more effective 3D look. I have also decided to model on my own hand after experimenting with using a mannequin hand and my own hand, as the mannequin hand looked too unrealistic and it was hard to separate the piece after I had finished with the mannequin. I have also decided that the hand is positioned to look like it is coming from the wall, not the floor. Which I have been trying to create before but I could not position the mount. This way it relates to the theme of love and the sense of touch more as the hands would look as if they were stretching towards each other.
Before the exam I will have to experiment with newspaper hands, which is inspired by Mark Jenkins figure of a man made out of newspaper reading a newspaper.                                                                



No comments:

Post a Comment