Friday 4 May 2012

Model hand experiments


I have an idea for my final outcome to cover the Sellotape hands with a few pieces of newspaper, inspired by Mark Jenkins figures made of Sellotape and Newspaper. The effect worked well, except it took a day to dry and I need it to dry faster in the exam. I used PVA glue for this example however for the exam I was planning not to completely cover the hands in Newspaper, so it would take less time to dry. I could also use dryer glue.



I was also seeing if typography made out of newspaper would work. I found it was easy to shape into  a neat font, however to get the letters to stay flat I needed to stick it down. Also I wanted the letters to me in a red and purple colour, easily achieved by using crepe paper, so I scraped the idea.


This was made to see if using a mannequin arm would be effective. I found it too hard to separate and too flat to be realistic, so I scraped the idea as well. To save time, I have decided to model on someone else's hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment