Wednesday 14 March 2012

Paper relief, rubbing and embossing


Loud! Relief 
Although the work is hard to see, I did make the relief on the paper by firmly gluing it on. I decided on my word 'Loud!', as it relates to my sensual typography.



Loud! Graphite 
Using my relief, I rubbed graphite on a separate sheet of paper. This is my favourite rubbing, as it is clear to read and neater than the others.


Loud! Oil Pastels
I tried to use different colours to show a wider use of techniques. The best way to do that was to use oil pastels. I also wanted to experiment with coloured paper, however I ran out of time.


Loud! Charcoal
This is the boldest and the effective rubbing, however, the rubbing comes out a little unclear. To be clearer I needed deeper relief.


Loud! Emboss and Watercolour wash
This came out a little wrong as the emboss wasn't very deep and it is the wrong way around, however I did it that way so it would be clearer. The relief needs to be deeper.



2 comments:

  1. Well done these look great! You need to annotate these further though refer to the 'documenting this work on your blog' section of the the
    blog post for this lesson to help you with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes thank you I have just read through the blog and saw what I missed out. I'll edit this post now.

    ReplyDelete