Friday 23 March 2012

Lino experiment


On tracing paper, I drew my design for the cutting of the Lino. The blank in the hand represents the cut areas and the shaded areas represent the smooth surface of the Lino. I had not made any plans  at this stages on how to decorate the background.

After deciding on my design for my final outcome, I came up with a hand design as I am basing my outcome on touch. A hand held up with the words "hold me" and "never let me go", which I am also going to use in my typography outcome. 



My first print was using yellow ink on white paper. After this initial experiment, I decided to use a different colour for the ink as I disliked the colour. I wanted to use the blue ink, however it was already being used. Some of the design is covered up with ink, so to improve the design I would have to cut bigger ditches in the Lino so the ink won't reach.


Here I used green ink on blue paper as I realised the blue ink I wanted to use wouldn't be visible on the blue paper I was using and blue was the only colour I could find. I prefer this print to the other one as the ink and the paper are more separate from each other. The text on the left hand side is more visible as the ink from the previous try lingered on it.

1 comment:

  1. Your lino cutting looks great - to finish off this post you should include examples of your prints and place the lino CPLAD within this post!

    ReplyDelete