Monday 7 January 2013

Stop motion animation




This is a quick experiment I made while creating my own version of the Bug toy for the StarKid musical 'Starship'. Here you will see me actually make the toy through stop motion animation, though in the video I have the toy filling do it by pushing all the parts into place. The idea is that they found all these parts which are made out of old materials which have been lying around: for the head it's an old towel, the left arm is coloured tissue, the right arm is crepe paper, the left leg is paper, cardboard, rubber-bands and netting, the right leg is some old cotton material and the torso is some netting left over from Christmas. The eyes and feelers are pieces of plastic and coloured pipe-cleaners. The song 'I Wanna Be' from 'Starship' is played over this as this is the song Bug sings when he aspires to be something more than what he is and I feel that this is appropiate in this situation as well as he is essentially a pile of rubbish in the form of a red ant, but that doesn't mean he can't be lovable.

No comments:

Post a Comment