Sunday 4 November 2012

Initial Packaging ideas and refined ideas


Here in this post I have my initial net plans for my CD, box, booklet and the holder which is the shape of a staircase.



In my box net design I have made no changes apart from making a small strip of card which will hold the two  handles together by use of a padlock and small key.




The inside of the box will be covered, so that the tabs of the two handle will be hidden.


The "staircase" holder will be made of three compartments. The bottom shelf will hold the CD sleeve, the middle shelf will hold the booklet and the top shelf will hold the poster of the band. To make this staircase look neater, I made another net that will cover the back and the sides so that each layer wont be seen. As this part is tricky to sticky on, this gave me the idea to hold all my packaging together by sewing certain parts. I did the same on the box and I thought to develop this idea, I could sew my booklet.



When it comes around to making my final outcome, I will need to score the sides of my packaging so I don't encounter arched sides that look unprofessional.



My CD holder is also revised, so it is simple and easy to open. The CD will  be held clearly in the middle and to make sure the CD wont fall out of the hole, stitched thread will cover the hole.



No comments:

Post a Comment