Tuesday 7 February 2012

My Exam Brief

THE TYPOGRAPHY BRIEF



  • Why have you selected this brief?
I enjoyed the beginning of the year starter project about typography and I wanted to expand my knowledge of typography. I wanted to create something different at the better standard than my previous Typography outcome.
  • What are you planning to look at for primary/secondary research?
I want to look at 3D typography as I have an opportunity to this time. The artists I have been looking at the most are Zim&Zou, who mostly do 3D images and designs, and they have inspired me to do the same with typography.
  • Which artists/designers will you be looking at (you must select a minimum of 3 from the brief)
I have decided to look at Zim&Zou, Yulia Brodskaya and Debbie Smyth as they all do intricate and slightly 3D designs.
  • What materials/techniques would you like to experiment with? 
I would like to use different coloured threads or card to make intricate 3D designs. I'd like to experiment making the sort of designs Zim&Zou make whilst looking at the the work of Debbie Smyth.
  • Which outcome(s) are you planning to make?
I would like to try making a gif as I am trying to make my work look more 3D, which would be hard to show on a poster.




1 comment:

  1. You have explained your choice of brief here well but you must add a copy of the brief to this post in order to finish it!

    ReplyDelete