Tuesday 4 December 2012

Toy Moodboard

Designs of Toys that will inspire my outcome.


1+2) These are two toys my Grandmother made by a simple knitting patterns and tights, recycled as filling. Felt has been stuck on for the eyes.
3) Toys I made from recycled pencil cases and stuffed with cotton wool. The letters on the blue one's chest spells 'Robin' (for my brother) and has been stitched into the fur.
4) Plastic Toys that has been crafted to look like letters. I thought it was interesting to mix typography with Toys, so I took this picture outside a toy shop in Kingston.
7) Summer Sunset Cavey by 'Cavey HQ'- found on Vinyl Abuse.com
9) 

10) Animal Spirit Ninja by Shawnimals- found on Vinyl Abuse.com
11) GoNuts Toy by Drop Dead Clothing- found on Vinyl Abuse.com
12) Flat Bonnie and Friends by Flat Bonnie.com- found on Toy Culture.com


Artwork from featured artists I have looked at before, artists I have just found and art from the previous project that will be featured in my outcome.

10) Summer Sunset Cavey by 'Cavey HQ'- found on Vinyl Abuse.com
11) 
Cabinet de Curiosités by Zim & Zou

12) Nebula design I made from the previous project, guiding me into this project.

Animation artists/ directors whose film techniques I could use in this project 
1) Sydney Opera House by Staples Austraila
5) 
Jan Svankmajer's animation of 'Alice in Wonderland'

7) The Calligrapher by the Quay Brothers

Various materials I could use in making the outcomes, though using more recycled material

1) Coloured Thread
2) Plastic eye beads
3) Wool
4) Cotton sheets
5) Felt
6) Bean filling
7) Soft cotton filling
8+9) Sack-like material (reference to Sackboy design from the 'Little Big Planet' game franchise)
10) Creative recyclable filling (perhaps lego?) 


No comments:

Post a Comment